Our San Diego Divorce and Family Law Firm is seeking an Operations Manager to manage the day-to-day operations our firm. Unfortunately, this is not a train as you go position. The person we hire must have experience managing 10 or more staff members, be well-versed in HR & employment laws, as well have a general understanding of financial management, marketing and sales. While we are growing fast, we are still small enough to appreciate the contributions of each team member. If you’re excited about the possibility of building an “A+” team, managing by metrics, and optimizing performance without compromising service, you may have found your new home.
If the following describes you, you may be the rock star we’re looking for!
- You get excited about opportunities to grow personally and professionally
- You are self-motivated and goal-oriented
- You see opportunities where others see a problem
- Organization is your middle name
- You enjoy managing people and projects
- You prefer inspiration to dictatorship, but aren’t afraid to issue discipline when needed
- You know how to do basic bookkeeping, invoicing and collections
- You have some experience with marketing and sales
- You learn new computer software and systems quickly
- You bring order to chaos and are a natural at conflict resolution
- You have a positive “can-do” attitude
Assists the Owner with…
- Human Resource Management
- Workflow/Operations Management
- Financial Management, Tracking & Reporting
- Facility Management
- Marketing Management, Tracking & Reporting
- Sales Management, Tracking & Reporting
- Supervising non-legal staff, as delegated by the Owner
Skills and experience are required and valued, but personality, intelligence, initiative and integrity are also critical. High-maintenance, humorless, self-entitled, or drama-seeking individuals will not succeed in this position and need not apply. This position is a more than a job. For the right candidate, it’s a career. Salary is commensurate with skill and experience and is negotiable.
Ready to apply?
When applying, please submit a three-paragraph cover letter along with your resume. In paragraph one, tell us what excites you the most about this opportunity. In paragraph two, tell us why you’re the person we should hire to help manage our Firm. In paragraph three, tell us your salary requirements and when you’d be able to start.
The firm pays for HMO Kaiser Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Acupuncture/ Chiropractic, Life Insurance & Long-term Disability Insurance for employees only. Dependents can be added to medical at employee’s expense. 10 days accrued vacation for the first five years and 15 days after completion of five years of employment. There are 10 paid holidays that the firm is closed for. Eligible for retirement, and firm matching, after three years of employment.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line please include: the position, dash, your last name, dash, one word describing you in all caps (e.g., OpsManager-Smith-LOYAL). Good luck!